1. Always wash your hands before touching your new tattoo
2. Gently remove the cover after 1 to 2 hours. If the cover sticks or will not remove easily, wet with lukewarm water and carefully remove
3. Gently wash the tattoo with lukewarm water and a mild soap with your hands only. PAT dry with a clean soft towel. Repeat this step for the first three days, three times daily. If the tattoo starts to scab or flake continue to wash but be careful not to remove the scabs or pull them off because it will cause damage to the tattoo. For 7 to 10 days apply a small amount of tattoo balm of your choice (as different people react to different medications). We recommend Bepanthen, Tattoo Goo or Tattoo After-care.
DO NOT USE VASELINE as it prolongs healing.
4. Do not sunbathe or use tanning beds for at least one week (sunbathing will cause a pigment change in your tattoo).
5. Do not swim in chlorinated water until your tattoo is fully healed.
6. NEVER Pick, Scratch, Poke, Prod, Grope, Sandblast, Rub, Boil Sate, Manhandle, Skewer, Grind, Crush Hey, you get the idea Use your head. You have just received a great tattoo, how you take care of it will determine whether it stays that way!
WASH your hands thoroughly prior to cleaning, or touching on or near your piercing for any reason.
Sea salt soak at least two to three times daily for six to eight weeks. Simply apply using fresh cotton bud or make-up removal pad saturated with sea salt solution. A brief rinse will remove any residue
DRY with disposable paper products such as gauze or tissues, because cloth towels can harbour bacteria and catch on new piercings causing injury, Pat gently to avoid trauma.
What to do
* Leave the piercing alone except when cleaning. It is not necessary to rotate the jewellery while healing except possibly during cleaning
* Stay healthy. Get enough sleep and eat a nutritious diet. The healthier your lifestyle, the easier it will be for your piercing to heal
* Showering is safer that taking a bath, because bathtubs tend to harbour bacteria. If you would like to take a bath, clean the tub well before each use.
Inner Mouth (Tongue, Lips, Cheeks, etc..)
* Rinse mouth twice a day with suggested sea salt
* After cigarettes, food and alcohol rinse with alcohol free mouthwash diluted with 90% pre-boiled water